Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Change or Perish

I know that my many readers worldwide turn to this blog in search of fresh, original insights not to be found anywhere else on or indeed off the web, and so I always feel guilty when I fob them off with second-hand material lifted straight from the media. I am also averse to this sort of behaviour as I know full well that recommending something to other people - a book, a disc, a film etc. -  is often counter-productive.
I know, too, that when you begin a sentence or paragraph with the words "I know that", it is only a matter of time before the word "but" makes an appearance.
BUT I do beseech you to read this tour de force, this prose poem, by Roger Cohen in the IHT:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/05/opinion/05iht-edcohen.html?_r=1&ref=global

Quite extraordinary, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment